Monday, April 28, 2014

August 15, 2013- the day my life changed forever.

On August 15th 2013, my life changed forever. I had my sweet, fantastical little baby girl- and I will never be the same. 

People always say that- "Your life will change," "You will never know what life was like before them," "They become your whole world.." And I have to say I was a skeptic. How was i going to love someone more than my family, more than my husband? The truth of the matter is- they were right. I love her more than the stars in the sky, more than a really good nights sleep, more than going out with friends just me and my husband. She makes my life worth living, and i thank my lucky stars for her. 

My husband and I dated for a long time, were engaged for almost two years, and have been married for five in October- and I can't say that we ever had a timeline for kids, we just knew we wanted them. 

I was nervous though.

I was thirty one, him thirty four- and I had loads of friends having trouble getting pregnant. Was the same going to happen to me? Would I be strong enough if it did?

 On the plus side i was in the best shape of my life- from Zumba and dieting, so that didn't bother me. I knew that my weight and health wasn't going to factor into pregnancy. But what did bother me was the outstanding number of people I knew with fertility problems: PCOS, thyroid issues, miscarriages, just to name a few. Every problem could have happened to me- but it didn't. 

I went off birth control in August of 2012, we conceived around the beginning of December- I'd say I am a pretty fertile myrtle. Or at least, four months doesn't seem like a long time to wait. 

Then the inevitable wait came. The wait to tell the parents, the wait to tell the best friends, the wait for the first appointment and ultrasound pictures, the wait to tell the world, the wait to find out the sex, the wait to see when this baby was going to leave my uterus, the wait for a damn rash that overtook my body at 32 weeks to disappear (that didn't disappear until after she was born) 

Then the inevitable questions came too, when are you due? any morning sickness? how do you feel? are you swollen? how many babies are in there? (that one was fun...) it was a never ending flow of crazy- and I accepted it because I knew what I was getting myself into. 

I wanted a girl, the husband wanted a boy- but we wanted the baby to be healthy and that's all we cared about. It shouldn't matter the sex of they baby, we created a LIFE, and that isn't something everyone can say. It didn't matter to us. 

This blog is going to be about our journey with our little one. Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment